- 8 slices hearty whole-grain bread
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 8 (1-ounce) slices smoked Provolone cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Smoked Deli Ham
- 1-1/2 cups roasted or marinated vegetables (from a salad bar or leftover, such as roasted red bell pepper, caramelized onions, roasted garlic cloves, drained marinated artichokes or peppadew peppers, or olive relish)*
- Softened butter
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with honey mustard. On 4 of the slices arrange 1 slice cheese, a quarter of the meat (loosely folded), ¼ of the roasted vegetables, and a second slice of cheese. Top with remaining slices of bread, mustard-side down.
- Heat a waffle iron. Lightly spread the top of sandwiches with butter. One at a time, place a sandwich (buttered-side down) in waffle iron. Quickly spread the top of the sandwich with more butter and close the lid. Press down a bit at first if needed to compress the sandwich.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the outside of the sandwich is a deep golden brown and crispy (this will vary for individual waffle irons.) Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
*Cook’s tip: Substitute sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion, or avocado and fresh arugula leaves for the roasted vegetables.
This post brought to you by Hormel Foods, LLC. The content and opinions expressed above are those of Lisa Golden Schroeder.