- 2/3 cup multi-grain hot cereal or 1 cup whole-grain quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup chopped steamed broccoli or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil*
- Freshly ground pepper or hot pepper sauce to taste
- Mix cereal and broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover. Cook about 15 minutes or until cereal is tender.
- Spoon into 2 large bowls; top with cheese, turkey, and broccoli. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper as desired.
*Cook’s Tips: For a bolder burst of flavor, mix a small spoonful of prepared basil pesto into the hot cereal. Substitute any cooked vegetable you like or may have leftover for the broccoli or tomatoes.
This post brought to you by Hormel Foods, LLC. The content and opinions expressed above are those of Lisa Golden Schroeder.